ABOUT USWe are the only training center of its kind in the Kansas City metro area dedicated to providing the highest quality self-defense, fighting and conditioning training in the Midwest.
The Krav Maga & Fitness Center moved to its present location in December 2009. Our training center now offers two training areas, a 20x20 boxing ring, a personal training weight room and Proshop.
Our weight room is a key component in all our personal training routines. We offer techniques and equipment you won't find anywhere else. We will design a training program specific to your goals. And, you will have our complete attention. In return, we want everything you can give ... no holding back.Learn More
We have all the gear necessary to make sure you're conditioning is successful. Our combatives class is a high level, high impact workout that combines focus mitt and heavy bag drills along with calisthenics and plyometric exercises to condition your body. This gets you in Krav Maga fighting shape fast.Learn More
What is Krav Maga?
Krav Maga is a simple, effective self-defense system emphasizing instinctive movements, practical techniques and realistic training scenarios. Plus, because it’s based on a person’s natural reactions, it is easy to learn. You can become proficient in months rather than years. The Krav Maga system incorporates conditioning, self-defense and fighting like no other system. Krav Maga’s top-rated Conditioning classes compliment training by toning muscle and dramatically improving strength and stamina.
Krav Maga’s self-defense classes are a total-body workout that combines kicking, punching, street fighting, ground fighting, and defenses against weapons, getting students into prime physical shape. The total-body workout benefits of the Krav Maga self-defense and conditioning system have been featured in publications such as Shape, Men’s Fitness, USA Today, US, and SELF, as well as television from CNN and Extra to The Today Show.
Who uses Krav Maga today?
It is currently used on a day-to-day basis by the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) including their Special Forces Units, Israeli Police and Internal Security Branches. In the United States, Krav Maga is used by members of the NYPD, members of the FBI, members of the US Armed Forces as well as many other elite units around the world.
Currently, Krav Maga is taught to men, women and children (of all ages and abilities) at community centers, schools, and clubs throughout the world. Krav Maga continues to be defined by actual modern combat and self-defense experiences, but has also been designed to be implemented by civilians.
Law enforcement organizations and their members that have been trained in Krav Maga include, but are not limited to the following:
- Federal Bureau of Investigations
- United States Marine Corps
- United States Marshals Service
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives
- Drug Enforcement Administration Arrest and Control Unit
- U.S. Treasury Department
- U.S. Immigration Service
- U.S. State Department
- U.S. Central Intelligence Agency
- U.S. Coast Guard – Port Security Unit U.S. Coast Guard – Tactical Law Enforcement
- U.S. Coast Guard – Drug Interdiction
- New York City Police Department
- Illinois State Police
- Chicago Metro Police Department
- Alabama State Police
- Baltimore County Police
- Connecticut State Police
- Pennsylvania State Police
- Texas Department of Public Safety
- Ohio State Highway Patrol
- Florida State Highway Patrol
- California Highway Patrol
- California Department of Justice
- Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department
- Los Angeles Police Department Academy
- Santa Monica Police Department
- El Segundo Police Department
- Beverly Hills Police Department
- Burbank Police Department
- Pasadena Police Department
- Montgomery County (Maryland) Police Department
- New Jersey State Police
- New Athens Police Department
In addition to the Israel Defense Forces, several other special forces (for example GIGN, FBI, and SWAT) have already adopted this system for their contact combat